15 Jan GAS Constitution handed over
GAS Constitution handed over to Gokomere Mission & High School.
The GAS Constitution was officially handed over to Gokomere Mission & High School through the Priest in Charge Father Muzenda. The GAS team had a fruitful meeting with Father Muzenda , courtesy of the Ponde Family in Johannesburg in August 2019.
Majority of the GAS team members had to drive from various locations to attend this important meeting ,marking our formal engagement with the School Authorities.
Here is what July Ndhlovu wrote after the meeting:
“The truth is that all credit goes to the ladies. Dr Mavis Ponde, your generosity knows no bounds. Elizabeth wow, got us so focused on the task at hand. Proud and humbled to be around such amazing people. Don’t ask what the boys did. The feast was waiting!”
Here is What Elizabeth Marabwa wrote:
“Just to give you a high level outcome of our meeting last night.
1. Constitution was formally handed over to the church and schooll via Fr Muzenda who welcomed the initiative & will submit copies of the constitution to the School & Bishop.
2. Fr presented priority projects for the school a detailed list is in the minutes to be posted shortly.
3. Out of the list there is an urgent short term strategic project on water 💦. Three pumps are not working & all that is needed is a transformer which costs R22000.00. Fr provided a competitive quotation. The next cheapest was R26000.00 this was solicited by one of our members. Fr has paid a deposit of R4000.00 towards the procurement of the transformer and transport is here now to fetch it & arrangements to export using import duty exemptions are advanced.
1. The team recommends that GAS should procure the transformer which will immediately relieve the school of the immediate challenge of water shortages.
2. The team requests GAS to *consider* and *approve* that funds be released to buy the transformer today.
*Please* note that in the meeting Fr was informed that while the present team supports the proposed initiative, approval has to come from the group. Your comments.”